Tricholine citrate + Sorbitol Pharmacology
- About Tricholine citrate
- A quaternary ammonium compound, Used in liver disorders.
- Mechanism of Action of Tricholine citrate
- Tricholine citrate contains three molecules of choline. Due to choline`s lipotropic action, it is useful in the treatment of fatty infiltration and cirrhosis of liver. Choline converts fat into phospholipids like, lecithin, which is essential to biomembrane structure and its function. Lecithin is also a major component of high density lipoprotein (HDL), and is used to mobilize cholesterol from cell membrane. In patients with fatty liver, increased rate of phospholipid turnover has been observed following administration of choline.
- Contra-indications of Tricholine citrate
- 1.Hypersensitivity to Tricholine citrate
- Indications for Tricholine citrate
- 1.Liver disorders
- About Sorbitol
- A sugar alcohol, Sweetener, non-stimulant laxative, Osmotic diuretic, Genitourinary Irrigant.
- Mechanism of Action of Sorbitol
- Sorbitol is hydrolysed in the colon to short chain fatty acids. This fatty acid stimulates colonic propulsive motility by osmotically drawing water into the lumen.
- Pharmacokinets of Sorbitol
- Absorption: It is absorbed after oral administration
- Side Effects of Sorbitol
- 1.Abdominal discomfort
- Contra-indications of Sorbitol
- Hypersensitivity to Sorbitol
- Special Precautions while taking Sorbitol
- 1.Gastro intestinal obstruction
- Typical Dosage for Sorbitol
- Sorbitol 70% solution is available
Oral: 15 - 30 ml is taken at bed time, if needed dose can be increased to 60ml / day
- Storage Requirements for Sorbitol
- Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture.Keep out of the reach of children
- Effects of Missed Dosage Sorbitol
- Take the missed dose as soon as noticed and if it is the time for next dose then skip the missed dose.Continue the regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Effects of Overdose Sorbitol
- Give supportive measures and symptomatic treatment.
Home Delivery for Tricholine citrate + Sorbitol in Your City
Medicine India is just a publishing medium for medicine related information and does not provide services or sales of medicines including tricholine citrate + sorbitol.
However, we do publish a comprehensive directory of Pharmacies, Chemists and Druggists in cities all over India. You can use this directory to find the medicine stores in your city (or area) that provide home delivery services for tricholine citrate + sorbitol and other medicines and health products. Home delivery services for tricholine citrate + sorbitol may be free or they may cost you depending on the pharmacy and the minimum order requirements. It would be best to get this clarified while placing the order.
Please be aware that you should take tricholine citrate + sorbitol only if a doctor has recommended or prescribed it. Some or all pharmacies who provide a home delivery service for medicines might insist on a prescription for tricholine citrate + sorbitol before they complete the sale. You can get this information while placing the order for tricholine citrate + sorbitol with the pharmacy.
Tricholine citrate + Sorbitol is a generic medicine name and there are several brands available for it. Some of the brands for tricholine citrate + sorbitol might be better known than tricholine citrate + sorbitol itself. If the pharmacy that's willing to deliver medicines to your home doesn't have tricholine citrate + sorbitol in stock, you can ask for one of the branded alternatives for tricholine citrate + sorbitol.
comments powered by Disqus