1. It inhibits cyclooxygenase (COX) activity and to suppress the PGE2 production by inflammatory cells, by inhibiting IL-Beta & TNF in the inflammatory cells (Intracellular Action).
2. It blocks degeneration and stimulates synthesis of extra cellular matrix of cartilages by inhibiting the action of different cytokines.
3. Drug and its metabolites inhibit IL-6 production by human chondrocytes. This leads to inhibition of increase of inflammatory cells in synovial tissue, inhibition of IL-1 amplification, inhibition of increased MMP synthesis and thus ensuring proteoglycan production.
4. It inhibits IL-1 and TNF production by human chondrocytes, inflammatory cells and synovial cells and therefore blocks suppression of GAG and collagen synthesis and stimulates growth factors mediated synthesis of GAG and collagen.
5. 4`-hydroxyaceclofenac a metabolite of aceclofenac inhibits pro MMP1 and pro MMP3 produced by synovial cells (Rheumatoid Synovial Cells) in serum and in synovial fluid and thus inhibits progressive joint destruction by MMPs.
6. Aceclofenac inhibits Neutrophil Adhesion & Accumulation at the inflammatory site in the early phase and thus blocks the pro-inflammatory actions of Neutrophils.
7. Aceclofenac is also an NSAID with greater COX-2 specificity
Distribution- Widely distributed in the body as protein-bound form. It is highly protein-bound (>99.7%). Aceclofenac penetrates into the synovial fluid, where the concentrations reach approximately 60% of those in plasma.
Metabolism- Metabolized into metabolites in the liver. Main metabolite is 4-hydroxyaceclofenac
Excretion- It is excreted through urine mainly as conjugated hydroxymetabolites
2. Abdominal pain
14. Ulcerative stomatitis
15. Elevation of circulating levels of hepatic enzymes.
2. Bleeding from the stomach or intestines
3. Moderate to severely decreased kidney function
4. Hypersensitivity to other NSAIDs
5. Active peptic ulcer
2. Bleeding tendencies
3. Blood disorders
4. Crohn`s disease
5. Decreased heart function
6. History of peptic ulcers
7. Inflammation of the bowel and back passage
8. Mildly decreased kidney function
9. Recent major surgery
10. Stomach disorders
11. Decreased liver function
12. Intestinal disorders
3. Symptomatic treatment of pain and inflammation in Post-Traumatic pain
4. Cervical pain
5. Low back pain
6. Acute gout
Anticoagulants: Activity of anticoagulants may be increased.
Diuretics : Aceclofenac inhibits the activity of diuretics. When concomitantly administrated with potassium sparing diuretics, serum potassium should be monitored.
Cyclosporin: Aceclofenac may enhance cyclosporin nephrotoxicity.
Quinolones : Aceclofenac may precipitate convulsions when coadministered with quinolone antibiotics.
Adult (general dose)-
100mg twice daily
Home Delivery for Aceclofenac in Your City
Medicine India is just a publishing medium for medicine related information and does not provide services or sales of medicines including aceclofenac.
However, we do publish a comprehensive directory of Pharmacies, Chemists and Druggists in cities all over India. You can use this directory to find the medicine stores in your city (or area) that provide home delivery services for aceclofenac and other medicines and health products. Home delivery services for aceclofenac may be free or they may cost you depending on the pharmacy and the minimum order requirements. It would be best to get this clarified while placing the order.
Please be aware that you should take aceclofenac only if a doctor has recommended or prescribed it. Some or all pharmacies who provide a home delivery service for medicines might insist on a prescription for aceclofenac before they complete the sale. You can get this information while placing the order for aceclofenac with the pharmacy.
Aceclofenac is a generic medicine name and there are several brands available for it. Some of the brands for aceclofenac might be better known than aceclofenac itself. If the pharmacy that's willing to deliver medicines to your home doesn't have aceclofenac in stock, you can ask for one of the branded alternatives for aceclofenac.